I thought that I’d do a slightly different post today which I’ve been thinking about doing for a while.Recently I’ve re-discoevered my love for the Urban Decay Naked 2 pallet. By no means am I any good at make-up but its something I enjoy doing and therefore I thought I’d share this look with you.
Just before I get into the post itself, I’ve made 2 vlogs recently over on my youtube channel ‘ThatGirlKatieVlogs’ and it’d be great if you could check them out – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFiwalcMr0grb0fltnnqtBw
To start off I’m going to share a picture of the look I created and then I’ll talk through the brushes and shadow shades which I used.
This photo was only taken on my iPhone 6s’ front camera so it’s by no means the best but I’m sure you can get the general gist of what the shadow looked like. Below I’ll include a picture of the pallet so when I name the shades you can actually see what they look like.
Firstly I apply the Urban Decay primer potion all over my eyelid in the shade original. This stops my eyeshadow creasing which is always a problem for me and helps it to last all day although this step is completely optional.
Next I take my 3 brushes which are Real Technique bold metal 201 crease brush and then the shading brush and then the base shadow brush from the purple eye set which are all in the picture below in order from left to right.
Eye Shadow look:
- Take Foxy all over the lid with the shading brush as a bade colour.
- Take Tease through the crease on the 201 crease brush.
- Add a little bit of Pistol into the crease to deepen it up and add shimmer on the 201 crease brush.
- Place Suspect all over the moving part of the eyelid with the base shadow brush.
- Add YDK over the top of this with the base shadow brush for extra shimmer using MAC prep + prime spray (optional).
- If desired used Bootycal on the same brush on the inner third of the lid to lighten things up.
- Place Verve into the inner corner using your finger to add inner corner highlighter
- If you want to bring the look under your eye too, drag Tease along the lower lash line using the base shadow brush.
So that’s generally the look I create on a day to day basis. I’ll now share with you the products I used on the rest of my face when creating this looking as it was mostly first impressions.
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation – Ivory (this oxidises super badly on my skin so be careful).
Collection lasting perfection concealer – Light 1
Benefit hoola bronzer
Lottie London highlighting pallet – Shimmer Squad
MAC studio fix powder – NW20
Freedom brow powder – Taupe
Benefit ready set brow
Soap and Glory supercat skinny eyeliner – Black
Maybelline luscious lash sensational – Very black
Essence lash princess mascara – Black
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post,